Mobility Resource Guide


The Coordinated Transit Committee (CTC) stakeholder group brings numerous transportation and human service providers together to provide guidance and visioning for the 5310 Funding Program. Beyond 5310 Funding selection, the CTC provides a space for these agencies to collaborate and build upon each others services to eliminate needs and gaps in their individual services. Through this collaboration and other work in the region, the following resources are available to persons with disabilities and persons over the age of 65.

211 Helpline

Nebraska 211 provides connections to persons needing nearby services for help, including transportation. Other services include assistance in finding a food pantry, paying a utility bill, accessing safe housing or shelter, receiving counseling services, and other services

To reach 211: Dial or Text 211 at any time of day. Local operators are available between 8am and 7pm.

Metro Transit

Fixed & Express Routes

Metro Transit provides fixed route and express route service to the Omaha-Council Bluffs region. Riders board the bus at fixed stops and pay for the ride on the bus using a fare card or cash. If you use a Metro Reduced Fare ID for students, seniors, disabled, or Medicaid, please have the ID ready to show the operator when you deposit your fare. These routes are shown below. “How to Ride” instructions and tips can be found at

To contact Metro Transit, please call 402-341-0800

Moby ADA/Paratransit

Moby is an advanced reservation paratransit service for the Metropolitan are and is designed for those with disabilities that prevent them from riding Metro Transit’s regular fixed route bus service.
Prospective Moby clients must complete an ADA application to determine eligibility. The applications are available online or by calling 402-341-0800, ext 2105


Southwest Iowa Transit Agency (SWITA) serves mostly rural western Iowa, including Mills, Pottawattamie, and Harrison counties as well as areas of Council Bluff s. SWITA provides demand response services and paratransit services for this area in conjuction with Metro Transit and the City of Council Bluffs Special Transit Service. Route information and types of services can be found on the SWITA website.

Call 1-800-842-8065 to schedule your ride or for more information on any of SWITA’s services


zTrip combines the best taxi service with the best technology to create a new hybrid of on demand transportation in Metro area and outside area. Services can be used through the zTrip app or website as well as by phone or hail them from the street like a taxi. zTrip offers special services designed specifically for ADA approved mobility devices and persons with disabilities.
To schedule a ride with zTrip, please call 763-318-2900 or go to the zTrip site to schedule a ride at

zTrip app can be downloaded using your smartphone device

Cities and Agencies providing Special Transportation Services

SWITA Paratransit Service

» Serving Fremont, Page, Mills, Montgomery, Pottawattamie, Cass, Shelby, and Harrison Counties
» General Population, Senior and Wheelchair accessibility
» Transport Services include: Medical, Education, Shopping, Social/ Recreational, Court/Probation and Employment

6:00am-5:00pm Monday-Sunday
Contact: 712-243-4196 or

Council Bluffs Special Transit Service

» Serving Council Bluffs city limits, 3 hospitals in Omaha
» Senior and Wheelchair accessibility
» Transport Services include: Medical, Education, Shopping, Social/Recreational, Court/Probation and Employment

5:15am-11:30pm Monday-Friday
6:45am-8:45pm Saturday

Contact: 712-890-5296

Cities of La Vista & Ralston

» Serving La Vista and Ralston
» Senior and Wheelchair accessibility
» Transport Services include: Medical, Education, Shopping, and Employment

7:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday

Contact: 402-331-3455

Eastern Nebraska Community Action Partnership (ENCAP)

» Serving Douglas and Sarpy County
» General Population
» Transport Services include: Education and Employment

Contact: 402-453-5656

Southeast Nebraska Community Action (SENCA)

» Serving Cass County
» General Population
» Transport Services include: Service within Plattsmouth, between communities in Cass County, as well as trips to Omaha and Lincoln

All rides are available by appointment only and must be scheduled in advance.

Contact: 402-852-8313

City of Bellevue

» Serving Bellevue, Papillion & Omaha (North to Dodge & West to 84th Street)
» Senior and Wheelchair accessibility
» Transport Services include: Medical, Education, Shopping, Social/ Recreational, Court/Probation and Employment

7:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday
Contact: 402-293-3138

City of Papillion

» Servicing a 10 mile radius around Papillion
» Veteran, Senior and Wheelchair accessiblity
» Transport Services include: Medical, Education, Shopping, and Employment

7:45am-3:00pm Monday-Friday
Contact: 402-680-3970

Medicaid and Medicare Information

Medicaid covers transportation services for trips necessary to obtain medical care when you have no other means of transportation. Medicaid may cover transportation services for a parent, caretaker, or attendant to escort an eligible person to and from medical care when necessary and when there is no other means of transportation. Contact your local DHHS if you need assistance with transportation.
For more Information call 1-844-847-2660

Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services – Centralized Medicaid/Medicare Hotline
Toll Free: 844-531-3783
Local Omaha: 402-401-6999
TTY Line: 402-401-6998
Provider Line: 402-401-6990
Fax: 402-934-8622

Iowa Medicaid Fee-for-Service (FFS) Members – Access2Care
Phone: 866-572-7662 (Toll Free)
IA Health Link Members
Each MCO has selected a NEMT vendor. Members may contact the NEMT vendor of their assigned MCO at the numbers listed below to schedule their NEMT services:

Amerigroup Iowa, Inc. – LogistiCare
Phone: 1-844-544-1389

Phone: 1-888-513-1613

General Resources

Helping Survivors

Resources for persons to prevent or find help following all forms of assault on rideshare or other transportation resources.

Highway Traffic Information

511 Service in Iowa and Nebraska provides up-to-date highway information for road incidents, construction, closures and winter-weather driving conditions. This service is available by calling 511 or visiting the websites for each respective states. Other states within the region also provide 511 services.




South Dakota


Bike and Pedestrian Resources

Call MAPA at 402-444-6866 or visit

Heartland Bikeshare

Heartland Bikeshare provides bicycle rentals at locations across the metro area.