Regional Transit VisionBack
Heartland Connections – Regional Transit Vision is an opportunity to identify a public transit vision for the Omaha-Council Bluffs metropolitan area. As part of the Heartland 2050 project, members of the public can review the strengths and weaknesses and opportunities for successful transit in the metropolitan area..
The Regional Transit Vision:
- Includes an analysis of the current Metro system;
- Identifies corridors where improved transit service can be successful’
- Identifies strategies for making incremental improvements to the existing transit system;
- Outlines and identifies potential capital improvements for new transit options, such as Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), Light Rail Transit or Streetcar;
- Examines potential funding strategies; and
- Outlines short-, medium- and long-term strategies and potential funding option.
A project website with a short summary document and transit vision scenarios can be accessed here.
What’s Happening newsletter
MAPA Annual Awards Announced
Transportation Engineer/Transportation Planner position open