2014 Metro Area Motorist Assist (MAMA) Statistical ReportBack
MAMA is an incident management program used to provide responsive assistance to motorists on the freeway/principle arterial system in the Omaha-Council Bluffs metro area. The program helps:
- Relieve traffic congestions by solving problems that cause backups and delays
- Reduce accidents by removing hazardous situations from the freeway/principal arterial system
- Provide data needed to obtain long-term funding for an expanded program
- Promote the use of seat belts and safe driving
- Free police officers to concentrate on more serious enforcement situations
Volunteers operate three well-equipped emergency vans during the morning and evening rush hours on the freeway system in the metro area. The program is administered by the Nebraska State Patrol and MAPA.
Motorists can contact the MAPA program by dialing 1-800-525-5555 or *55 on a cellular phone.